CHLORSAN is a liquid bleach including active chlorine, which is a powerful oxidizing agent with outstanding biocidal properties..
CHLORSAN is stabilized liquid bleach based on Hypochlorite solution with active chlorine, which is a powerful oxidizing agent with outstanding biocidal properties. Both gram positive and gram negative organisms display susceptibility to the oxidising power of chlorine. This includes common organisms such as salmonella and pseudomonas which all too often encountered in processing areas. Problem causing yeasts are also readily destroyed by the biocidal action of chlorine gas along with slime producing molds and fungal contamination. However, when the product is first used in disinfection applications, the usage is limited due to its gaseous state and extremely dangerous handling difficulties. With the introduction of liquid bleach the gas chlorine can be less dangerously handled in the form of a liquid chlorine compound which releases gas chlorine in contact with the contaminants or organic matter destroying the bacteria or fungi.
Further chlorine shows outstanding bleaching properties to many fibers and other organic and inorganic compounds, thus it is accepted as a universal bleaching agent with application in laundry, textile processing, wood pulp and many other processing industries.
Due to these excellent properties, liquid bleach finds extensive applications in many industries for disinfection and odor control such as :-
- In potable water purification and general sanitising
- For control of cross infection in hospitals institutions, and nursing homes.
- In dairy, meat, poultry and fish processing plants.
- In food preparation units, catering, kitchen, beverage plants etc.
- As a liquid bleach in laundry, paper pulp, and other chemical processing units.
- As a general disinfectant in household use, toilet, kitchen floor, drainage and animal shelters.
Have a Question?